2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
2 cups black beans, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats 1 organic egg (replace with flaxseed egg for vegan diets)
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp salt Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place 1.5 cups black beans and rolled oats in your food processor and pulse until pureed. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro and remainder black beans, and pulse until combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cilantro and remainder black beans. Combine the ingredients. Make small patties shaping about 1/3 cup of the mixture into fritters.
4. Place patties on the prepared baking sheet and bake on each side for 6 minutes. They will become more firm as they bake. If you decide to make burgers instead, bake the patties for at least 8 minutes on each side.
5. Serve the fritters as desired with any sauce or toppings of your choice. They are delicious on English muffins or whole wheat buns.
Fat 10.5 g
Sat Fat 1.47 g
Sodium 203 mg
Potassium 510 mg
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
Sugar 1.5 g
Protein 8.5 g